Saturday, March 19, 2016

Who are Chad & Dre from Vintage Photography?

Vintage Photographer ChadVintage Photographer Dre



Welcome to Vintage Photography! This is my first official blog post and I thought it only appropriate for me to share a little about who we are. Chad and I are more than just photographers, we are two quirky, fun-loving and photography obsessed individuals who would love for our clients to get to know us better as people. So here are some fun tidbits about ourselves!

About Chad:
  • I was named after a soap opera actor, Chad Everett
  • I speak French
  • I am a military brat having lived in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta
  • I consider myself a geek loving technology, comics and superheroes
  • I like to have the latest and greatest gadgets
  • My day isn't complete without an injection of YouTube comedy, especially the Tonight Show with Jimmy Falon
  • I have always been an artist
  • Dre would say I am always dabbling with something on the computer
  • My parents taught me to work hard with kindness and patience
  • My favorite superhero is SupermanMy most unforgettable moment was photographing my little brother's wedding
  • I don't function well without a Venti Caramel Macchiato
  • Some would say I have too many super hero T-shirts

Chad as a photographer:
  • I study anything and everything online ~ I'm like a sponge when it comes to learning new techniques 
  • I have taken classes in studio lighting, wedding photography, Lightroom and HDR 
  • I have an eye for framing the shot 
  • I love to capture moments that bring you back to a memory, feeling or moment 
  • I typically shoot full frame creating space and comfort 
  • I am the master creative editor for our Pin-Up and Film Noir shoots 
  • I can recreate any creative image 
  • I am the social media guru 

About Dre:
  • My nickname is Dre
  • My real name is Andrea, pronounced "On-dre-ahh"
  • I was born and raised in a VERY small town in Saskatchewan, Lake Lenore
  • I collect anything to do with angels
  • My day isn't complete without giving belly rubs to my fur babies Saydee and Buddie
  • I love the beach and live for the sun
  • I get my creative spirit from my grandparents who encouraged imagination and the value of play
  • Chad says I love lists
  • My most unforgettable moment has been my trip to Germany with my parents to trace the footsteps of my great grandmother's life
  • My parents taught me the value of hard work, perseverance and giving back to the community
  • I do not function well without a Grande Americano from Starbucks...or any coffee for that matter
  • Some may say I have too many clothes in my closet

Dre as a photographer:
  • I obtained my digital photography diploma from Red Deer College 
  • I have an eye for setting up the shots 
  • I love being the posing coach and researching the story boards for your shoot 
  • I love candid portraits that show the true emotion of the person 
  • I typically shoot with the 50mm lens for close up & intimate shots 
  • I enjoy taking photographs with your furry loved ones 
  • I love the look of glamour shots and unique lighting 
  • I have a vintage soul, so photographing Pin-Up, Film Noir & Old Hollywood is a like a dream for me  
  • Owning a photo booth was a way for us to always provide others with the love of photography 
Chad and Dre as a couple:
  • We do not do well without the other ~ we often do not spend a lot of time a part
  • We share a love for photography, coffee, wine and travel
  • We love the simple things in life ~ cuddles with our cats, watching movies and visiting our friends
  • We love sharing our photography with everyone ~ we love collaborations with local business, supporting charities and helping people look and feel beautiful and confident

No comments:

Post a Comment